Transsib during the war
Along with the work on the evacuation, railway Trans-Siberian Railway to provide uninterrupted delivery to the front of troops, equipment, fuel, weapons, ammunition, food and other military goods, while continuing to supply the rear areas.
In the summer and autumn of 1941 at Omsk, Tomsk and Krasnoyarsk roads average speed of movement of military trains ranged from 700 to 900 km when setting about 700 km (the speed of an express train). The staff of the East Siberian railway in September-December 1941 raised the average daily rate of advance military trains with 882 to 934 km, some even trains ran at a speed of 1100-1200 km per day.
In wartime railways serve over 70% of total traffic, however, was the importance of co-operation of various types of transport, especially rail and sea.
An important focus of the Trans-Siberian Railway was the supply of goods received under lend-lease system from the United States and Canada and transported by sea to Vladivostok, and then - to the West. Officially, the US Congress extended the law the Lend-Lease to the USSR, November 7, 1941, and June 11, 1942 during a visit VM Molotov in Washington signed an agreement on the principles applicable to the mutual assistance in the conduct of the war against the aggressor. Vladivostok American goods began to arrive in August 1941 on the basis of officially extended for one year the Soviet-American trade agreement in 1937 Until October 1941 for the receipt of the goods the USSR paid in gold, platinum, furs, some types of ore, etc. .
In the Lower Amur port was overloaded imports on riverboats and their delivery in Khabarovsk, then - by rail to the West. To receive cargo at the port of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky were built 6 new berths. Underwent reconstruction and the port of Vladivostok. By the end of the war, he had 24 well-equipped dock that allows you to simultaneously set for unloading 21 large vessel. The main port where has focused transported through the Far East during the war imports from the United States, remained Vladivostok, as it is the only, until July 1945 had access to the Trans-Siberian railway. A significant amount of cargo arriving at Vladivostok, often before it had shipped from the catastrophic shortage of rolling stock.
Nomenclature of goods Lend-Lease, who came across the Pacific Ocean, included mining equipment, machine tools, automobiles, aircraft, fuel, food, and others.
Locomotive columns formed on the highways of the Trans-provided transportation to the North line of the Caves, the dispatch of goods for Stalingrad strategic offensive, the Battle of Kursk and other stages of the war.