Eurasian Friendship Train Departs From Vladivostok Railway Station
The unique Eurasian Friendship Train departed from Vladivostok en route to Berlin yesterday at 14:35. Moscow time.
The project is an initiative of the government of the Republic of Korea with the support of Russian Railways. It aims at strengthening the friendly relations between the countries of Eurasia. A delegation of 200 citizens from the Republic of Korea, including arts and cultural figures as well as media and business representatives, will take a 15-day journey along the Trans-Siberian Railway from Vladivostok to Berlin.
During the trip, agreements are to be signed on twinning a number of train stations operated by Russian Railways and KORAIL (Korea Railroad Corporation).
The Eurasian Friendship Train’s passenger itinerary provides for wide-ranging business, cultural, and historical excursions.
Before departing from Vladivostok station at the 9288-km. marker, a ceremony was held with the participation of representatives from the government of Primorsky Territory, Russian Railways, and the South Korean delegation.
Train timetable (Moscow time):
- Vladivostok (departs July 15 at 15:35);
- Khabarovsk (arrives July 16 at 3:18, departs at 16:05);
- Irkutsk (arrives July 19 at 5:47, departs July 21 at 5:54);
- Novosibirsk (arrives July 22 at 10:25, departs July 23 at 12:00);
- Ekaterinburg (arrives July 24 at 9:11, departs July 25 at 7:35);
- Moscow (arrives July 26 at 11:34).
The train will depart to Berlin from Moscow on July 28 at 16:52. The train is expected to arrive in Berlin on July 30.