Attention! In connection with the spread of the coronavirus, restrictions have been introduced when crossing national borders. Passenger trains have been temporarily cancelled or are running on changed routes. Click here for the latest information on the changes.
|Train number||Route||Frequency of service||Weekday|
|17 (409) train number on Railways of Europe||
Moscow – Nice
Train services have been temporarily suspended
|1 per a week||Thursday|
|18 (408) train number on Railways of Europe||
Nice – Moscow
Train services have been temporarily suspended
|1 per a week||
Services to the following stations are available: Bolzano, Bordighera, Ventimiglia, Verona Porta Nuova, Genoa Pisa Principe, Milan Rogoredo, San Remo.
Passengers can find details regarding the timetable, fares and seat/berth availability in the section Purchasing Tickets. Please specify the departure and destination stations, as well as the travel dates.
|5%||for the upper berths at the points of sale of Russian Railways||does not apply to Single compartments|
|10%||for all the seats/berths subject to reservation in the period from 60 to 45 days before the train’s departure||–|
These discounts do not apply to tickets at group fares and the special "Voyage" fare.
A child under 4 years of age without a separate seat/berth and accompanied by an adult passenger travels free of charge. Passengers can book a paid child’s ticket with a seat/berth if desired.
A passenger who has booked a journey in a Luxury (Business) carriage at the Adult-Single tariff is entitled to take no more than two children up to 12 years of age free of charge (up to the day this age is reached) for whom non-cash tickets have been booked in the Russian Federation. Outside the Russian Federation, booking cashless tickets for transporting children is not required.
In the category Double compartments, the cost of a Luxury (Business) carriage is at the special Adult Family fare for two adult passengers travelling together who are entitled to take with them no more than two children under 4 years of age or one child under 12 free of charge (up to the day when these ages are reached). For each child travelling free of charge, a non-cash ticket must be booked in the Russian Federation. Outside the Russian Federation, cashless tickets are not required for the transportation of children.
A passenger may take items of hand luggage free-of-charge if this does not contravene customs or administrative rules. The total size of one piece of hand luggage in three dimensions should not exceed 200 cm, and none of the sides should exceed 55 cm.
Passengers are allowed to carry with them free of charge:
- in first-class sleeping carriages, including Luxury (Business) carriages, in Single compartments – no more than 100 kg of hand luggage per compartment;
- in first-class sleeping carriages, including Luxury (Business) carriages, in Double compartments – no more than 50 kg for each ticket with a seat/berth;
- in second-class sleeping carriages and carriages with seats/berths for an adult passenger – no more than 36 kg and for a child up to 12 years of age (until the day when this age is reached) – no more than 15 kg for each ticket a seat/berth.
The transportation of dogs, other small pets and birds is allowed in any class, subject to payment of all the seats/berths in the compartment. Small (room) pets and birds must be transported in cages or baskets etc. No more than one dog or one cage can be transported per compartment.
No additional charges are made for transporting dogs, small (room) pets and birds.
Ticket booking is done on one form. Tickets can be purchased at the international ticket offices of the railways companies along the train’s route (Russia (Russian Railways), Poland (PKP SA), the Czech Republic (CD), Austria (ÖBB), Germany (DB) France (SNCF).
You can purchase electronic tickets on the website "Passengers".
There is an electronic registration service on the trains.
To board a train anywhere along the whole route, the passenger must present an electronic ticket (boarding coupon) printed on paper in A4 format or its image on the screen of the mobile device to the carriage conductor, as well as the identity document of the passenger indicated on the electronic ticket.
Electronic registration is performed:
- during the ordering procedure for electronic tickets after the "Payment" step, simultaneously for all the passengers specified on the order;
- repeatedly at any other time on your account;
- both simultaneously for all passengers specified on the order, and for individual electronic tickets on the order.
Cancellation of the service (refusal) of electronic registration can be made no later than one hour before the train departs from the initial station on the route:
- on the website in your personal account;
- by obtaining a boarding coupon (tticket) at a ticket office or self-service terminal on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Tickets are refunded at the place of purchase.
- more than 6 hours before train departure – 100% of the fare is reimbursed, less than 6 hours before train departure, the ticket cost is not refunded.
- from 60 to 15 days before train departure – 100% of the fare is reimbursed, from 14 to 8 days before train departure – 50% of the fare is refunded, less than 8 days before train departure, the ticket cost is not refunded.
In the Russian Federation there is a fee of 10 euros for the refund of an unused ticket.