On December 1, 2013 started to run modernized "Sapsan".
"Sapsan" is Russian for the peregrine falcon, the fastest bird in the falcon family, so it was an appropriate name for this new train, which can reach speeds of up to 250 kmph. Produced with true German precision by Siemens, the Sapsan is fully adapted to the harsh climate of Russia.
Number of passenger seats on the Sapsan - 506.
|#10, economy||#9, economy||#8, economy||#7, economy||#6, economy||#5, bistro||#4, economy||#3, economy||#2, business||#1, first|
Specifications of Sapsan carriages
- Shock-resistant and fireproof structural parts and finishing materials used throughout;
- Safety glass used in carscarriages;
- All units are constantly monitored online by the service centre;
- Ergonomic design of carriage compartments, no sharp edges or corners to exclude risk to passengers.
To verify compliance the train "Sapsan" safety standard for use on the Russian railways completed a full cycle of preliminary, acceptance and certification tests of trains.
- Seat design and fittings on the Sapsan take into account passenger behaviour to ensure high comfort levels even on longer journeys;
- A comfortable environment is maintained in the cabin regardless of the season;
- Modern insulating materials ensure low noise levels;
- Bright fluorescent day lighting and subdued night lighting create an environment corresponding to the time of day;
- Carriage windows are made of insulating laminated glass and equipped with sun blinds. In winter, windows are heated by circulating warm air to prevent fogging;
- All compartments have clothes hangers and ample space for storing bulky luggage;
- Coaches have soft carpets for comfort and additional sound insulation;
- The toilet of the sixth coach has a collapsible table for changing nappies;
- In the first-class carriage for services of passengers - conference-room. Booking travel in conference-room is only possible if paying all 4 seats.
- Two large boards in each carriage display the carriage number and keep passengers up to date during the entire trip about saloon air temperature and current speed;
- An electronic routing board near the front door of each carriage also tells passengers about the carriage class and train direction.
Attention! Persons seeing off train passengers "Sapsan" allowed in cars only to assist with the placement of luggage disabled, elderly persons, passengers with children.