Loading on the network owned by Russian Railways amounted to 100.8 million tons in April 2020
According to the latest figures, freight loading volumes on the network owned by Russian Railways in April 2020 amounted to 100.8 million tons, 5.9% less than in the same month last year.
Freight turnover in April 2020 decreased by 7.3% compared to the same period last year and amounted to 208.1 billion tariffton-kilometres. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs during the same month decreased by 7.4% on April 2019 and amounted to 263.8 billion tons-km.
According to the latest figures, loading volumes during January-April 2020 amounted to 407.5 million tons, 4.3% less than in the same four-month period last year.
The railways transported the following volumes of freight categories between January and April 2020. Figures in brackets show the percentage change compared to January to April 2019:
- coal - 114.8 million tons (-10.3% by January-April 2019);
- coke - 3.6 million tons (-4%);
- oil and petroleum products - 75.8 million tons (-4.7%);
- ferrous and manganese ores- 39.3 million tons (-0.2%);
- ferrous metals - 23.5 million tons (-8.8%);
- ferrous metal scrap - 3.8 million tons (-10.6%);
- chemical and mineral fertilisers - 20.5 million tons (0.9%);
- cement - 6.4 million tons (-7.8%);
- timber - 14.1 million tons (-5.2%);
- grain - 8.1 million tons (9.7%);
- construction materials - 39.5 million tons (4.1%);
- non-ferrous ore and sulphurous raw materials - 6.4 million tons (1.6%);
- chemicals and soda - 8.5 million tons (-4.3%);
- industrial raw materials and moulded materials- 9.9 million tons (-10.5%).
Since the beginning of 2020, freight turnover has amounted to 830.1 billion ton-km, a decline of 5.3% compared to the same four-month period last year. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs fell to 1,053.3 billion ton-km, a decline of 5.7%.