The Corporate Transportation Service (CTS) was established by the Ministry of Railways of the Russian Federation in 1996 to implement rail freight transportation services and develop a marketing policy. During the process of reforming the federal railways, the CTS became part of the marketing and sales structure at Russian Railways.
CCTS is a branch of Russian Railways.
The key objectives of the Centre of Corporate Transportation Services include:
- ensuring the sale of services related to the transportation of goods, commercial operations in the field of freight transportation and the use of public rail transport infrastructure owned by Russian Railways;
- improving the transport service systemfor cargo owners,
enhancing the efficiency of commercial operations, as well as the development of legal relations with customs offices during cargo transportation, coordinating the development of the transport and logistics business of Russian Railways Holding, including on the basis of the concept of RZD’s customer focus in the sphere of freight transportation.
CCTS acts as a single customer on behalf of the client when dealing with all the involved departments of Russian Railways, thus guaranteeing quality and ensuring that Russian Railways’ deadlines are met.
Representative offices of the Centre of Corporate Transportation Services throughout the railway network.
Territorial Centres of Corporate Transportation Services arethe structural subdivisions of CCTS (hereinafter, TCCTS) which, along with the functional Services Sale Centres, ensure interaction with customers in the organisation and provision of services related to the transportation of goods by rail.
Corporate Transport Service Agencies are structural subdivisions of the TCCTS that ensure interaction with clients in organising and providing services related to cargo transportation at the regional and linear management levels.
Activities of the Centre of Corporate Transportation Services and its subdivisions:
- organisation of integrated transport services for clients, including with the participation of RZD’s subsidiaries and affiliates that are part of the transport and logistics business block of Russian Railways Holding;
- organisation of freight transportation by rail, including the carriage of foodstuffs and perishables;
- organisation of services related to the transportation of goods and the use of public rail transport infrastructure owned by Russian Railways, including the sale and rental of railway rolling stock;
- organisation of information services for the users of railway transport services,
- organisation and maintenance of contractual work with RZD’s clients related to the provision of services;
- organisation of electronic exchange of documents with Russian Railways when preparing transportation and primary documents;
- receipt, examination and approval of applications for the transportation of goods, including containerised shipments;
- consideration of requests by cargo owners and railway rolling stock operators for the re-consignment of cargo and wagons, as well as the coordination of re-consignment to third countries;
- organisation of interaction with consignors, consignees, owners of non-public railway tracks and operators of railway rolling stock (containers), including signing contracts for the operation of non-public railway tracks and contracts for the supply and cleaning of wagons;
- applying flexible tariff and pricing policies for services related to cargo transportation and infrastructure use;
- organisation of work related to the use, allocation and tracking of number plates,and the storage and disposal of locking and sealing devices and screws;
- organisation of work related to the checking of schemes and technical conditions of the placement and fastening of cargo in wagons and containers;
- coordination of the terms and conditions of cargo transportation, including hazardous freightand freight transported under special conditions;
- organisation of claim settlements with RZD clients, interaction with the customs authorities and foreign railways on the issues related to the international carriage of goods, as well as to the creation and functioning of customs control zones.
Address: 6/2, Kalanchevskaya Ul., Moscow, 107174, Russia
Tel.: +7 (499) 262-26-89, +7 (499) 262-82-88