Warehouse logistics is one of GEFCO's main activities.
GEFCO offers industrial customers two options designed to achieve the continuous optimisation of their supply chains.
The Industry FlowCentre is a package for receiving components and includes:
- management of inventory close to the client,
- quality control,
- deferred differentiation of semi-manufactured parts,
- line supplies with a predetermined sequence,
- safe logistics processes,
- assembly operations,
- flow control management with their constant optimisation.
The Distribution FlowCentre package is specially designed for shipping, distribution and delivering the of the final product and includes:
- management of distribution platforms,
- order-picking system with transshipment of the product or units of the account orders,
- mixed packing,
- quality control,
- individual packaging,
- managing exhibition samples and marketing and promotional kits etc.
In November 2012, a new complex for the storage and maintenance of finished vehicles which meets modern European standards was commissioned in Domodedovo in the Moscow region (37 km from the Moscow Automobile Ring Road). The Domodedovo complex is Russia's first European-standard platform and offers a unique service on the new car market as a "technical and fitting station" with a wide range of additional services during the storage period. As part of this service, provision has also been made to carry out the full pre-sales preparation of vehicles, including customisation, the installation of additional equipment and retrofitting in accordance with the client's wishes. For example, the client can install mudguards, undershields, parking sensors, radios and any other accessories.
The facility's infrastructure enables the most efficient vehicle acceptance and loading, followed by distribution in Russia and the CIS by both road and rail. In addition, the complex features a unique IT-system for the automated recording of operations and the organisation of bin location warehousing for vehicle storage.