1916 - the beginning of the regular trains on the railway bridge across the Amur
In 1908, the bridge project Professor LD Proskuryakova was awarded a gold medal at the World Exhibition in Paris together with a draft of the Eiffel Tower.
Construction of the bridge began August 12, 1913 and was completed after 3 years and 3 months. Open bridge could before, but prevented the First World War. In the autumn of 1914 in the Indian Ocean, the German cruiser "Emden" sank the ship with two farms, made in Warsaw. Reordering was carried out in Canada.
5 (18) October 1916 a railway bridge across the Amur River was opened to the constant movement, thereby closing the Great Siberian Route.
In April 1920, reflecting the onslaught of Japanese invaders, guerilla units blew up two spans of the bridge. Restore movement was only 5 years old.
In 1987 it was decided to reconstruct the bridge conversion to combined bridge under 2 worthwhile rail and 4-lane road traffic on the upper level. In July 1998, it was opened to traffic on the new rail of the bridge, and from October 1999 - automotive.
Reconstruction of the second stage of the Amur bridge began in late 2005. The total project cost is more than 6 billion rubles, Completion date - 2008 Funding is made at the expense of the Ministry of Transport (13%) and JSC "Russian Railways" (87%).
Construction of the second phase of the bridge has a length of 2.6 km of strategic and economic importance for Russia. Putting into operation of the bridge will significantly increase its capacity, will significantly increase the speed and reliability of passenger and freight trains on the Trans-Siberian Railway and will allow for a major overhaul of Amur River Tunnel 7.2 km long, was built in 1936.