Transit and international logistics
Common technological standards and a single information space, competitive tariffs and a coordinated approach to infrastructure development – these factors form a list of the principal advantages of the 1520 railway domain.
RZD provides regular transportation services to any existing destination in Europe, Asia and across all the territory of Russia. The company provides efficient door-to-door services, including express delivery and information support.
In order to attract additional cargo to the network owned by Russian railways, the Company’s international department, in cooperation with its partners from the Asia-Pacific countries and the EU:
- is implementing a seven-party agreement between Russia, China, Mongolia, Belarus, Germany, Kazakhstan and Poland to expand cooperation on organising container trains along the China-Europe route;
- implementation of an Agreement for electronic data interchange in partnership with China Railway Corporation;
- development of the JSC United Transport and Logistics Company – Eurasian Railway Alliance;
- implementation of the Program for the establishment of the economic corridor Russia – Mongolia – China;
- promotion of the "Transsib in 7 days" service on the international markets;
- development of 4PL services of the RZD Holding Company, utilizing the competencies of the integrated logistics company GEFCO;
- implementation of joint memoranda with partners from Azerbaijan and Turkey for the development of transport and logistics services;
- development of international transport corridors within the framework of specialized organizations and working groups;
- development of technologies for an end-to-end electronic data interchange within the framework of the INTERTRAN project;
- expansion of the geography of application of the CIM/SMGS unified transportation consignment note;
- coordination of interaction with foreign railway administrations on the issues of developing border crossing points;
- implementation and promotion of new logistics services.
Russian Railways occupies 1st place in the rating of the International Energy Agency for the energy efficiency of its freight transport.