JSC RUSSIAN RAILWAYS’ INTERNATIONAL STANDING
JSC Russian Railways belongs to TOP-3 railway companies worldwide by key operational indicators (as of 2020):
by freight intensity *
by energy efficiency of freight traffic **
по traffic safety
by cargo turnover
≈ 1/3 of the global total *
by the length of the rail network
≈ 10% of the global length of railways *
* according to UIC (International Union of Railways)
** as estimated by IEA (International Energy Agency)
The national railway network provides 87% of Russian freight turnover (excluding pipeline transport) and 25% of passenger turnover. At the same time, 86% of cargoes and 85% of passengers are transported by Russian Railways on environmentally friendly electric traction.
Russian Railways is a global company operating in dozens of countries throughout Europe and Asia. Also, today the Company is developing business contacts with partners in Africa, South-East Asia and Latin America.
12 foreign representative offices of Russian Railways coordinate work in all the key areas.
The Russian Railways Holding Company is known globally as a reliable provider of services in all areas:
- transportation and logistics;
- engineering and infrastructure construction;
- railway management;
- telecommunications and science-intensive technologies;
- professional training and HR-development.
Russian Railways’ priority tasks in the field of international cooperation:
- increasing of transit traffic volumes through the territory of the Russian Federation;
- promotion of the Russian Railways initiatives in specialized international organizations;
- establishing an ecosystem of opportunities for foreign customers basing upon the Russian Railways’ Export Portfolio.
- implementation of infrastructure projects abroad and diversification of the Export portfolio.
All the Russian Railways’ projects and initiatives are aimed at improving the quality of life and contributing to the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.