Corporate Secretary of Russian Railways
The Corporate Secretary of JSC Russian Railways is a special officer responsible for ensuring compliance by the governing bodies and officers of JSC Russian Railways with the laws of the Russian Federation, the Charter of JSC Russian Railways and the internal documents of JSC Russian Railways that safeguard the rights and legitimate interests of the shareholders of JSC Russian Railways. The Corporate Secretary is also responsible for resolving conflicts related to the violation of the rights of the shareholders of JSC Russian Railways, ensuring cooperation between JSC Russian Railways and its shareholders, and between the governing bodies of JSC Russian Railways.
The Corporate Secretary of JSC Russian Railways is appointed and dismissed by resolution of the Board of Directors of JSC Russian Railways, requiring a majority vote of the members of the Board of Directors. The duties of the Corporate Secretary are defined in the Regulations on the Corporate Secretary of JSC Russian Railways and the Corporate Secretary’s Office.
Andrey Zhemchugov has been the Corporate Secretary of JSC Russian Railways since September 2018.
Born in 1973.
1994: Graduated with honours from Moscow State University, Faculty of Economics.
1998: Awarded his Ph.D. in Economics from the Institute for US and Canadian Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- 1996–2001: Held a number of positions in Russian banks, where he managed corporate finance and capital market transactions projects;
- 2001–2005: Deputy Head, Head of Finance Management Department, Bank of Moscow, responsible for syndicated lending and fundraising in international debt markets;
- 2005: Appointed advisor to the President of ALROSA responsible for investor relations and strategic projects in the capital markets;
- 2007–2017: Director for Stock Market and Investor Relations, TransContainer;
- March 2017 – present First Deputy Financial Director, TransContainer;
- September 2018: Appointed Corporate Secretary of JSC Russian Railways by resolution of the Board of Directors of JSC Russian Railways.