Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the State Corporation – Fund for Assistance to the Reform of Housing and Communal Services, Member of the Board of Directors
Born in 1952.
1973: Graduated from the Higher Political School of the USSR, the Ministry of Internal Affairs; 1981: Graduated from the Military and Political Academy.
2002: Graduated from the Finance Academy under the Russian Government. Candidate of Historical Sciences. Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor, State Counsellor of Justice of the Russian Federation, Honorary Doctor of the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- 1990–1993: People’s Deputy of the RSFSR, Chairman of the Committee of the Supreme Soviet of the Russian Federation on Defence and Security Affairs;
- 1993–1999: First Deputy Minister of Security; Director, Federal Counterintelligence Service; Director, Federal Security Service; Minister of Justice; Minister of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation;
- 1999: First Deputy Prime Minister – Minister of Internal Affairs; Prime Minister of the Russian Federation;
- After being elected to the State Duma in December 1999, Mr. Stepashin chaired the Committee on Combating Corruption;
- 2000–2013: Chairman, Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation;
- 2014 – present: Member of the Board of Directors, JSC Russian Railways;
- 2015 – present: Member of the Board of Directors, SoyuzNefteGaz Interstate Oil Company;
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board, State Corporation – Fund for Promoting Housing and Utilities Reform.
State and industry awards:
- Order “For Merit to the Fatherland (2nd, 3rd and 4th Class)”;
- Order of Courage;
- Medal “For Irreproachable Service in the Armed Forces of the USSR” (1st, 2nd and 3rd Class);
- Medals “For Distinction in Military Service (1st and 2nd Class)”;
- Order of Alexander Nevsky;
- Order of Andropov;
- Lapel Pin “Honorary Worker of the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation”;
- Commander of the Legion of Honour (France);
- Order of Diplomatic Service Merit (South Korea).