International services with Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan temporarily suspended
In accordance with notifications from Kyrgyz Temir Joly (Kyrgyz Railways) and Rokhi OkhaniTojikiston" (Tajikistan Railways), international passenger trains have been suspended from 17 March 2020 until further notice in order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection (2019-nCoV). An announcement will be made when services are resumed.
The following passenger services have been suspended, including the trailer and direct carriages which run in these trains:
- No. 17/18 Bishkek – Moscow, departing from Bishkek from 18 March 2020 and from Moscow from 21 March 2020, including the direct carriage operated by the Federal Passenger Company and running between Orenburg – St. Petersburg, departing from Orenburg from 20 March 2020;
- No. 385/386 Bishkek – Novosibirsk, departing from Bishkek from 23 March 2020 and from Novosibirsk from 25 March 2020;
- No. 329/330 Dushanbe – Moscow, departing from Dushanbe from 17 March 2020 (Tuesdays and Saturdays) and from Moscow from 21 March 2020 (Saturdays and Wednesdays);
- No. 319/320 Kulyab – Moscow, departing from Kulyab from 18 March 2020 (Wednesdays) and from Moscow from 23 March 2020 (Mondays);
- No. 359/360 Khudjand – Moscow, departing from Khudjand from 18 March 2020 (Wednesdays) and from Moscow from 22 March 2020 (Sundays).
Unused tickets for cancelled trains can be returned without incurring any additional charges and fees. In order to obtain refunds, passengers must contact a rail ticket office in the country where they purchased the ticket. Passengers can submit electronic tickets using the web resources through which they initially purchased the tickets.
Passengers can obtain detailed information on the procedure for receiving refunds money for unused tickets from the 24- hour Unified Information and Service Centre of Russian Railways on 8 (800) 775-00-00 when calling from within Russia and on +7 (499) 605-20-00 when calling from abroad.
Up-to-date information on changes to international train timetables can be obtained from the section International Routes / Operational Information on the website of Russian Railways.
Passengers should note that when booking tickets at a ticket office of the Federal Passenger Company, a subsidiary of Russian Railways, and through the website of Russian Railways and the RZD mobile app, they can leave their mobile phone numbers in order to receive notifications of possible delays and changes to the timetables in the event of emergencies.