May 20, 2014 in Shanghai during the visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin signed into China Cargo Soglashenie strategic cooperation between JSC "Russian Railways" and "Chinese Railways."
The development of these agreements, the parties carry out systematic work on several fronts:
- the development of railway border crossings between the two countries in order to increase capacity and carrying capacity of the railways and increase the volume of international passenger and freight rail traffic;
- the development of container transport in international rail traffic, the increase in the intensity of passing container trains to attract additional volumes of cargo;
- development of cooperation between the operators of container transport and logistics companies;
- the development of railway transport corridor between China and Europe, passing through Russia and other countries, in order to create sustainable demand and increase the attractiveness of container traffic between China - Europe;
- cooperation in the field of infrastructure development and construction of cross-border rail infrastructure;
- cooperation in the field of scientific and technical cooperation and innovation.
Cooperation in the field of high-speed rail (HSR Moscow - Kazan)
As part of the partnership with the People's Republic of China October 13, 2014
the signing of the Russian-Chinese memorandum in the field of high-speed rail. The
purpose of the document is a high-speed development of the project of the Eurasian
transport corridor Moscow - Beijing, including high-speed rail a priority project
"Moscow - Kazan" (the total length of the corridor between the two capitals is 7.8
thousand. Km, of which more than 3 thousand. Km of the line passing through the territory
of China from Beijing to Urumqi, it is already in the final stages of construction).
BCM pilot project in Russia is to build high-speed rail along the route "Moscow - Kazan" to the extension of Ekaterinburg.
The initiator of the project is JSC "Russian Railways" and its specially created subsidiary - JSC "Speed ??line".
June 18, 2015, in accordance with the results of the open tender JSC "Speed ??line" and the consortium of designers (with the participation of "Mosgiprotrans", OAO "Nizhegorodmetroproekt" and China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co. Ltd) have signed an agreement to develop project documentation for construction of the Moscow - Kazan high-speed railway Moscow - Kazan - Yekaterinburg.
Additional information about the project is available on the website of "Speed line": www.hsrail.ru
The development of existing and new Russian-Chinese border crossings
Currently, rail freight transportation between Russia and China are carried out
through the border crossing Zabaikalsk - Manchuria, Grodekovo - Suifenhe, Makhalino
- Hunchun and Naushki - Sukhbaatar (transit through the territory of Mongolia), Dostyk
- Alashankou (transit through the territory of Kazakhstan) and through port stations.
In accordance with the Strategy of development of railway transport in the Russian Federation until 2030 it is planned to further develop rail infrastructure on the way to the border crossing Zabaikalsk - Manchuria.
In addition, during the period from 2016 to 2030. It planned to increase the capacity of the border crossing Grodekovo - Suifenhe by laying the second track at bottlenecks site Ussuriisk - Grodekovo.
In accordance with the program of cooperation between the regions of the Far East and Eastern Siberia of Russia and north-east of the People's Republic for the period until 2018 in private business is preparing a project to build a new border crossing between Russia and China Nizhneleninskoye - Tongjiang. JSC "Russian Railways" provides reconstruction of the railway line Birobidzhan - Leninsk.
Since 2014 began to be carried out on a regular basis, transportation of coal and ore from Russia in the region of North-East Asia and China through railway border crossing Makhalino - Hunchun.
Taking into account the growth of the northeastern provinces of China one of the promising areas of cooperation is to provide transport of goods in large containers from the north-eastern provinces of China, do not have direct access to the sea via Russian ports in the Far East, Japan, Republic of Korea and in the reverse direction.
Eurasian freight transportation
Strategically important are projects for the organization container trains between
China - Europe. Subsidiaries of JSC "Russian Railways" ("Trans Eurasia Logistics",
PJSC "TransContainer" JSC "Russian Railways Logistics") have been developed and partly
implemented new routes for containerized goods from Asia Pacific to Europe and vice
versa (Chongqing - Duisburg, Shanghai - Duisburg ).
For example, in April 2012 in Chongqing (China), with the participation of Chinese, Russian, Kazakh and German sides registered joint venture YuXinOu (Chongqing) Logistics Co., Ltd, which carries out regular railway container transportation along the route China - Europe to the provision a full range of logistics services "from door to door."
Electronic data interchange
Currently, the Russian and Chinese parties to address the issue on a regular basis exchange electronic information obtained in carrying out customs operations and customs control in respect of container traffic, including transit through the territory of China and Russia.