Memberships & Affiliations
Priorities of "Russian Railways" in cooperation with the European Union:
- harmonization of transport law and development of unified transport documents,
- optimization of border crossing procedures,
- reducing the time of delivery,
- convergence of transport systems,
- provision of technical specifications of interoperability of railway lines,
- the development and modernization of the infrastructure of the Euro-Asian transport corridors.
The most important question of interaction with the EU - harmonization of maximum
favorable conditions for passenger travel through Lithuania in transit between the
Kaliningrad region and the rest of Russia.
JSC "Russian Railways" - the first railway company not from EU countries, which was honored to open his exhibition in the European Parliament. Opening of the "Eurasian bridge, cooperation with the United Europe" was held on January 23, 2012
During the VII International Railway Business Forum "Strategic Partnership 1520", held on 31 May - 1 June 2012 in Sochi JSC "Russian Railways" and the European Commission signed a declaration on joint cooperation.
In July 2012 there was a meeting of heads of railways of Europe in Moscow, during which the conference was held, "Railways in Europe today and tomorrow, from national networks to the pan-European transport space."