Cooperation within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union
On January 1, 2015 came into force the Treaty on the Eurasian
Economic Union, signed by the presidents of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. In order to implement paragraph 43 of the Rules of access to railway
infrastructure in the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union (annexed to the Treaty
on the EAEC) on the site of JSC "Russian Railways" available technical specifications
sections of the infrastructure of JSC "Russian Railways", which can be accessed foreign
carriers from countries -members of the Eurasian Union.
One of the first business projects aimed at realizing the potential of the EAEC is an integrated transport and logistics company, which was established railway administrations of Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan in 2014.
OTLK main objectives:
- creating a single logistics business space in the EAEC;
- improving the international competitiveness of the logistics system EAEC in the global transport market;
- integration of transport processes within the EAEC;
- development of transit transport in the direction of East-West;
- reducing the time and cost of delivery.
OTLK brings together the main intermodal transport and logistics assets of the three
countries and the network is the largest container operator in Eurasia.
The structure OTLK includes:
- 67 ground rail terminals, including Terminal 5 at key border crossing points on the railways of China and the European Union;
- 33 thousand cars for the transportation of containers;
- 71 thousand of large containers;
- 4 rail ferries;
- 870 trucks.
Wide network of terminals, wagons and containers, allow you to create logistics
product of any scale and complexity to meet the needs of customers.
OTLK collectively carries more than 1.7 million TEUs of cargo per year, processing terminals more than 1.6 million TEUs.
OTLK works with non-containerized goods. Transshipment of containerized goods is more than 3 million tons, and forwarding - almost 40 million tons a year.