History of terminals and stations
Gubakha was founded in 1755 in connection with the discovery of iron ore at Krestovaya Gora (Cross Mountain). The village of Gubakha stood at the confluence of the Gubashka and the Kosva rivers and served as a wharf for the barges on which iron ore was floated down from the upper reaches of the Kosva to the Kama. In 1825, the first coal deposits were found at Gubakha on Krestovaya Gora, where the first tunnel was dug (subsequently named the 1st of May Mine).
Initially, coal production was very limited, and the coal was rafted down the river Kosva to the Metallurgical Plant in Chermoz. With the construction of the railway line in 1879, coal production increased dramatically.
To mechanise the work in the mines at Gubakha, a hydro-electric power station was built, which is now Kizelovskaya HEP No. 3. It was the first hydro-electric power station in the Urals and the third in the USSR to be built in accordance with plans developing by the State Commission for Electrification of Russia, otherwise known even in English by its Russian acronym GOELRO.
Next to the station was the working village of Krzyzanovsk (Nizhnyaya Gubakha). In 1936, the first phase of the largest coke production factory in the country, and the first in the Urals, was commissioned, the Gubakha Coke Plant.
The town boasts a railway station on the Chusovskaya - Solikamsk line. The Chusovskaya - Solikamsk main railway line (a distance of 35 km) and the Levshino - Ugleuralskaya secondary line of 40 km pass through it.
On the territory of Gubakha are 7 natural geological monuments, including two caves, especially the famous Mariinsky, Krestovaya Gora, a Karst bridge and a karst arch.
Irbit is the most distant town from the capital of the Urals and is 240 km from Yekaterinburg. It was built as a trading centre from the outset, so it has a unique planned layout. The town centre is a kind of caravanserai for receiving guests, whose numbers can increase the city's population a hundredfold. In the middle of the seventeenth century, Irbit became the centre trade of between European and Asian countries.
Starting from 1843, the Irbit Fair was held here every year. By the volume of trade, which was about 60 million roubles, it was second only to that held in Nizhny Novgorod by end of the nineteenth century. The volume of goods at the fair reached 2.8 million poods. By the end of the nineteenth century, due to the high cost of transportation by cartage, the Fair used to make a loss, which necessitated the construction a railway line to the city.
In accordance with a Decree issued by the Tsarist government on 16 December 1912, the construction of the North-Eastern Railway Line was entrusted to the Western Ural Railways Joint Stock Company. A final version of the route from Yekaterinburg to Irbit - Turinsk - Tavda was adopted. In June 1913, construction workers started laying the tracks, and in 1915, Irbit Station was commissioned. A station building was erected at Irbit in 1916.
By the middle of the twentieth century, several large enterprises had been built: the motorcycle factory, which produced the Ural and other brands, including a plant to build vehicle trailers, glass and chemical factories, a pharmaceutical factory, and the country's first plant for the production of dredgers and excavators for peat extraction.
Nowadays, Irbit Fair is undergoing a renaissance and the town, thanks to its legendary Ural motorcycles, has acquired the unofficial status of Russia's motorbike capital.
Vinzili village, like many other towns in the Urals and Siberia, owes its appearance and development to the railways. From 1910-1913, the Tyumen - Omsk line crossed the river Pyshma. A railway siding was built at this point, where a stone house stood, as well as a switchman's cabin and a wooden water tower for storing water for the steam locomotives. The siding was surrounded by a thick pine forest. The first street was called Vokzalnaya - Station Building.
In 1931, in the village near the station, a timber processing and reloading yard was built. Timber was transported in horse-drawn carts along narrow-gauge tracks, floated down the river and loaded onto wagons. In 1936, a tie saw was built to produce sleepers. An exceptional amount of wood was required in the post-war years to restore shafts, mines, towns and the railways. Annual output reached 300,000 sleepers. Timber felling and processing in Vinzili was done by prisoners.
In 1947, a sawmill was built here, followed in 1956 by the Pyshminsky Timber Combine, which only used wood shipped in from other regions since the local forests had become part of the environmentally protected area in Tyumen and tree felling was banned.
In the vicinity of Vinzili, geologists discovered rich deposits of construction sand and clay. In 1965, a brick factory was built and almost all of Tyumen constructed from its bricks, from the flats built under Khrushchev to modern apartment buildings and industrial plants.
In 1972, a glass factory built in the village is now a major manufacturer of glass bottles. Later, a factory was built to produce ceramic wall materials.
The residents tell a legend about the origin of the village's name: even before the construction of the railway, a girl drowned in one of the many whirlpools in Pyshminsky. Into the water were thrown skimmings from the mine - in Russian venzeli, or vinzili in the local dialect, which were then carried around by the whirlpool, indicating the place where the girl had drowned.