Railways during the war (1941 - 1945)
After the announcement of the beginning of the war at all major stations road rallies were held. Since June 23, 1941 at a rally in the locomotive depot "Inskaya" 300 people have applied for their volunteers for the Red Army.
Workers of Omsk and Tomsk Railway (now West Siberian Railway) quickly rebuilt their work in the interest of national defense. They had to transport troops and equipment to the west, take the large flow of evacuees to the east of people and equipment. Unloading at the Omsk and Novosibirsk nodes in September-October 1941 has tripled; at the Barnaul, Tomsk, Novokuznetsk nodes - one and a half to two times.
Tomsk on the road shortly before the war there was Luninsky movement - NALunin offered to repair the machine by the team and increase the mileage of locomotives between washes, repairs, giving great savings and materials. By November 7, 1941 the brigade NALunin completed stotysyachekilometrovy running at its steam without podemochnogo repair. Luninets steel three-quarters of locomotive brigades Tomsk roads, saving over 11 months of 1.5 million rubles. In January 1942, the People's Commissariat issued a special order on the development Luninsky movement in war. By March 1942, the Trans-Siberian Railway labored over 1,400 Luninsky teams.
Many depot abandoned centralized supply parts and scarce materials. In depot built iron foundries and brass casting workshops, small rolling plants. Only on the road Omsk in 1941-1942 put into production more than 400 innovations with economic benefit more than 1.5 million rubles.
In connection with the occupation of Donbass increased demand in the Kuzbass coal. Organized circular routes for the transport of coal and coke, at stations set up voluntary squad for the shipment of coal, cleaning cars. Since most of the movers had no reservation and was mobilized to the front, there were teams "public movers." Tomsk on the road in April 1942 by the 2 thousand. Railwaymen and their families, united in a community team, was loaded and unloaded more than 6 thousand. Cars, processed in the warehouses of about 22 thousand. Tons of cargo.
Achieved good results working depots "Novosibirsk", "Omsk", "Taiga", "Inskaya." Selfless labor collectives Tomsk road was highly appreciated by 10 companies have won the competition on the network the first place and were awarded the banner of the National Defence Commission; 19 companies ranked second, were awarded the People's Commissariat banners.
About a third railroad ZSZHD was at the front, often work on the frontline roads. So, in 1942, with the road in Tomsk mostovosstanovitelnye train locomotive and special column was sent to about 1,800 people. And replaced them women and teenagers. Heavy formulations of powerful locomotives FD drove women machinists, retired.
In 1943, the manager of the trust "prokopevskugol" I. Lychakov and shunting station manager "Prokopyevsk" F. Shishoff the first to use a single technology at work stations and mines. They accelerate the turnover of cars in half, which allowed further carry hundreds of thousands of tons of coal. The staff of the station Prokopevsk in 1943-45, three times awarded the challenge Red banner of T-bills. The initiative was supported by hundreds of workers Shishova traffic services Tomsk line. Manager Inskaya node F. Kuznetsov made progress in Kuzbass empty at a speed of 600-700 kilometers per day instead of 500 in the norm. In 1944, the team advanced Omsk and Petropavlovsk offices started to drive dual circular route from Chulym to Petropavlovsk at a speed of 925 kilometers per day, which allowed the road handle increased traffic. 7% increase in the average weight of the train.
In 1943, for their outstanding achievements in providing transportation for the front of the national economy and the engineer depot "Novosibirsk" NALunin driver depot "Omsk" NF Polyakov and master depot "Taiga" IG Safronov was awarded the title of Hero Socialist Labor.
Siberia railroad work was for the front and in the performance of defense contracts. Only three depots - "Inskaya", "Taiga", "Industrial" - let a hundred types of products for the front - mortars, warheads for missiles, Finnish knives and much more.
A special page of military history of Western Siberia - the construction of armored trains. First to taygintsy. In August 1941, work began, and in April 1942 led driver P. Hursik armored train "Lyninec" on the front. The first fight crew took on the site Kastornaya - Elec in July 1942. Then Taiga built armored train "Railroader Kuzbass" in Novosibirsk - "Soviet Siberia". Only crews made a 1500 fire raids on enemy positions, destroyed 79 tanks, 120 vehicles and 6,000 soldiers and officers.
Construction of armored trains at Omsk railway began in 1941. The first train was "Omsk railroad" was built in the beginning of 1942. March 15 he and his armored train "Siberian-barabinets" went to the front. In June, two armored loss - "Kirov" and "Severokazahstanets" from Petropavlovsk. In October, the seventh armored train - "Victory", built in Ishim, went to the front. With delight greeted veterans and two train-baths, built in 1942, Omsk. Just two roads were built 11 armored trains.
For military exploits of 20 workers Omsk and Tomsk railways were awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union, and four became full gentlemen of the Order of Glory. Thousands of soldiers and home front workers were awarded orders and medals.