логотип компании
home Sitemapsitemap
Русский Feb 22, 2020 04:49
(GMT+3)
Latest news
Feb 10, 2020
Allegro passenger numbers increased by 14.5% in January 2020
Feb 07, 2020
Allegro and Lastochka timetables undergo partial changes from 17 to 28 May 2020
Feb 06, 2020
Loading volumes of coal delivered to South Russian ports increased 1.5 times in January 2020
Feb 04, 2020
Allegro timetable to undergo partial changes from 11 to 14 May 2020
Feb 03, 2020
Rail links with North Korea suspended until further notice
Feb 03, 2020
Loading volumes on the rail network owned by Russian Railways exceeded 100 million tons in January 2020
News archive
Home
The Company
History
The history of railways, XX century

The history of railways, XX century

1926 - the beginning of cruising trains

Electric trainThe Soviet Union became the first electric trains run in 1926 on the site of Baku - Sabunchu - Surahani 20 km from the DC system voltage 1200 V.

In the direction of a possible electrification of transport engineering thought began to work even at a very early stage of development, as the railways and electrical engineering. The first scientific work on the introduction of electric traction on the railways appeared in Russia in 1837 in the first year of the opening of the railway Petersburg - Tsarskoye Selo. It was published in the "Journal of the Ministry of Railways."

1899 - Creation of a syndicate of German electrical engineering firms "Siemens-Halske", "Union", "AEG". In the same year he founded the "Great Russian bank syndicate in 1899" to finance the development of electrical engineering. An important place in terms of both Russian banks and the German elektrokontsernov in this period took electrification projects of the Russian railways.

The first railway electrification projects have been developed in the early XX century by the eminent engineer, academician Henry Osipovich Graftio. Since 1907, he began to read lectures "Electric Railway" students of the St. Petersburg Electrotechnical Institute.

1912 - the creation of a constituent society for the construction of electrified section Trans-Siberian Railway Moscow - Sergiev Posad.

1913 - the beginning of construction of the line, electrified DC 1200 between St. Petersburg and Peterhof. Were constructed 2 power plant in Ekateringof and Oranienbaum. However, work was stopped due to the First World War.

After the February Revolution interim government is trying to attract foreign capital to continue the development of electrification in Russia. Informed consent was obtained a number of foreign companies, particularly American ("Westinghouse"), on the continuation of the electrification of railways.

By 1918, Russia had about 60 projects and major suburban electric railways.

March 24, 1920 - the creation of the State Commission for Electrification of Russia (electrification), which included and the Division for railway electrification. Designed Commission electrification plan set the goal to create a main transport skeleton of such ways that are "joined to a low cost of transportation with extreme carrying capacity."

The plan called for the electrification of DC, but as has been recommended as a promising system AC power frequency. Vision of such a decision was quite confirmed by the subsequent development of electric traction both in the USSR and in the world.

screenRenderTime=1

© 2003-2020, Russian Railways
Mass Media Registration Certificate El. No. ФС77-25927
When using any material from the site reference to rzd.ru is obligatory

The Company | Passengers | Freight | Press Centre | Investor Relations | Contacts | Search