логотип компании
home Sitemapsitemap
Русский Jan 29, 2020 04:31
(GMT+3)
Latest news
Jan 24, 2020
Allegro passengers can save up to 64% on tickets
Jan 17, 2020
March Allegro tickets available with discounts of up to 44%
Jan 17, 2020
Passenger numbers between Russia and Finland reaches record high in 2019
Jan 13, 2020
International Allegro passenger numbers increase by over 15% in 2019
Jan 10, 2020
Loading volume of export goods to ports increased by 3.6% in 2019
Jan 10, 2020
Russian Railways Holding completes feasibility study on modernisation of Nagpur-Seunderabad stretch in India
News archive
Home
The Company
History
The history of railways, XX century

The history of railways, XX century

1926 - the beginning of cruising trains

Electric trainThe Soviet Union became the first electric trains run in 1926 on the site of Baku - Sabunchu - Surahani 20 km from the DC system voltage 1200 V.

In the direction of a possible electrification of transport engineering thought began to work even at a very early stage of development, as the railways and electrical engineering. The first scientific work on the introduction of electric traction on the railways appeared in Russia in 1837 in the first year of the opening of the railway Petersburg - Tsarskoye Selo. It was published in the "Journal of the Ministry of Railways."

1899 - Creation of a syndicate of German electrical engineering firms "Siemens-Halske", "Union", "AEG". In the same year he founded the "Great Russian bank syndicate in 1899" to finance the development of electrical engineering. An important place in terms of both Russian banks and the German elektrokontsernov in this period took electrification projects of the Russian railways.

The first railway electrification projects have been developed in the early XX century by the eminent engineer, academician Henry Osipovich Graftio. Since 1907, he began to read lectures "Electric Railway" students of the St. Petersburg Electrotechnical Institute.

1912 - the creation of a constituent society for the construction of electrified section Trans-Siberian Railway Moscow - Sergiev Posad.

1913 - the beginning of construction of the line, electrified DC 1200 between St. Petersburg and Peterhof. Were constructed 2 power plant in Ekateringof and Oranienbaum. However, work was stopped due to the First World War.

After the February Revolution interim government is trying to attract foreign capital to continue the development of electrification in Russia. Informed consent was obtained a number of foreign companies, particularly American ("Westinghouse"), on the continuation of the electrification of railways.

By 1918, Russia had about 60 projects and major suburban electric railways.

March 24, 1920 - the creation of the State Commission for Electrification of Russia (electrification), which included and the Division for railway electrification. Designed Commission electrification plan set the goal to create a main transport skeleton of such ways that are "joined to a low cost of transportation with extreme carrying capacity."

The plan called for the electrification of DC, but as has been recommended as a promising system AC power frequency. Vision of such a decision was quite confirmed by the subsequent development of electric traction both in the USSR and in the world.

screenRenderTime=1

© 2003-2020, Russian Railways
Mass Media Registration Certificate El. No. ФС77-25927
When using any material from the site reference to rzd.ru is obligatory

The Company | Passengers | Freight | Press Centre | Investor Relations | Contacts | Search