Trans-Siberian in 7 Days Project
The project Trans-Siberian in 7 Days consists of a wide range of technological measures to ensure the rapid delivery of containers from Russia's Far Eastern ports to the country's western borders.
The project began as an online service called iSales, a system for selling services via the Internet which allows you to minimise the time you spend booking orders to transport goods on the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The iSales internet service is available to any consumer of services for the transportation of goods in containers. iSales greatly simplifies the ordering process and saves the customer's time by functioning like an online store.
This service offers the following features:
- booking orders on-line;
- self-assessment of the cost of services by clients themselves;
- tracking the status of the order's execution and the container's location;
- browse the archive of booked orders in your personal account;
- allows you to pay for the services ordered by credit card, which is especially useful for small and medium-sized businesses.
Services can also be bought through the iSales online service for the routes between Moscow – Novosibirsk, Moscow – Irkutsk and Moscow – Khabarovsk. It is planned to expand the routes available through the iSales internet service in the future.
Priorities of the project Trans-Siberian in 7 Days
- Quality of services.
- Delivery speed.
- Regular service and stable transit times.
- Compliance with fixed timetables, including both the time the train spends en route and its arrival at the final destination.
- Simple and transparent document flow.
- Competitive rates on price-delivery time.
- Flexibility and a customer-facing tariff policy.
- Stability of tariff policy: tariff validity period: at a minimum, during the calendar year. Providing information in advance about tariff changes (60 days before the date they come into effect).