Loading on the network owned by Russian Railways increased by 1% in July 2018
According to the latest figures, loading on the network owned by Russian Railways
in July 2018 amounted to 107.6 million tons, 1% more than in the same month last year.
Freight turnover in July 2018 increased by 5.3% compared to the same month of the
previous year and amounted to 219.3 billion tariff ton-kilometres. Freight turnover
taking into account empty wagon runs during the same month increased by 5.1% and amounted
to 278.3 billion ton-km.
According to the latest figures, loading during January-July 2018 amounted to 749.4
million tons, 3% more than in the same seven months last year.
During January-July 2018, the railways shipped the following items of freight.
Figures in brackets show the percentage change compared to January-July 2018.
- coal - 216.1 million tons (+ 4.9%);
- coke - 6.3 million tons (-3.2%);
- oil and petroleum products - 137.4 million tons (no change);
- iron and manganese ores - 67.1 million tons (+ 5.1%);
- ferrous metals - 46.1 million tons (+ 11.6%);
- ferrous metal scrap - 8.4 million tons (-0.4%);
- chemical and mineral fertilisers - 34.7 million tons (+ 4.6%);
- cement - 14.6 million tons (-5.5%);
- timber - 27.3 million tons (+ 3.2%);
- grain - 15.9 million tons (+ 51.8%);
- construction materials - 74.4 million tons (-4.2%);
- non-ferrous ores and sulphur feedstock - 11.7 million tons (-2.3%);
- chemicals and soda - 15.5 million tons (+ 2.2%);
- industrial raw materials and moulded materials - 20.7 million tons (-3.6%).
Freight turnover since the beginning of 2018 amounted to 1,500.4 billion tariff
ton-km, an increase of 4.6%, while freight turnover taking into account empty wagon
runs amounted to 1,909.9 billion ton-km, a rise of 4.4%.