Loading on Russian Railways' network in November 2016 amounted to 102.2 million tons
According to the latest figures, total loading volumes on the network of Russian
Railways in November 2016 amounted to 102.2 million tons, 0.9% less than in November
Freight turnover increased by 0.9% in November 2016 compared to same month last
year and amounted to 199.1 billion tariff ton-kilometres. Freight turnover taking
into account empty wagon runs during the same month also rose by 0.9% and totalled
255.3 billion ton-km.
According to the latest figures, loading from January to November 2016 amounted
to 1.1171 billion tons, 0.6% more than in the same period during 2015.
From to January-November 2016, the railways loaded the following categories of
freight. Figures in brackets show the percentage change compared to compared to January-November
- coal - 297.6 million tons (+ 1.6%);
- coke - 10.7 million tons (+ 4.6%);
- oil and petroleum products - 214.3 million tons (-6.4%);
- iron and manganese ores - 100.5 million tons (+ 0.6%);
- ferrous metals - 64.7 million tons (-1.2%);
- ferrous metal scrap - 13.8 million tons (-2%);
- chemical and mineral fertilisers - 48.5 million tons (+ 3.7%);
- cement - 25.4 million tons (-6.4%);
- timber - 38.5 million tons (+ 7.2%);
- grain - 16.9 million tons (+ 1.9%);
- construction materials - 132.6 million tons (+ 9.2%);
- non-ferrous ores and sulphur feedstock - 19.5 million tons (+ 3.9%);
- chemicals and soda - 23.3 million tons (+ 2.3%);
- industrial raw materials and moulded materials - 32.3 million tons (-0.4%).
Freight turnover from the beginning of 2016 amounted to 2,133.9 billion tariff
ton-km, an increase of 1.5%. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs
rose to 2,7305 billion ton-km, up 1.3%.