|Jun 22, 2018
Russian Railways introduces discounts of up to 12.8% for transportation of large-capacity
In order to attract additional volumes of freight, the management of Russian Railways
has decided to establish reduction coefficients for tariffs on the transportation
of loaded large-capacity universal containers that are part of the following container
- for transportation from the stations owned by Far Eastern Railways: Artyom-Primorsky-I,
Vanino, Vladivostok, Vladivostok (Perevalochny = Transshipment), Vladivostok (export)
Gaydamak, Gaydamak (export), Krasnaya Rechka, Cape Churkin, Cape Churkin (Perevalochny
= Transshipment), Cape Churkin (export), Nakhodka, Nakhodka (export), Nakhodka-Vostochnaya
(Nakhodka-East), Nakhodka-Vostochnaya (Nakhoda-East Perevalochny = Transshipment),
Nakhodka-Vostochnaya (Nakhoda-East export), Pervaya Rechka, Rybniki, Rybniki (export),
Sovetskaya Gavan-City, Sovetskaya Gavan-Sortirovochnaya (Sorting Yard), Yglovaya,
Yglovaya (Perevalochny = Transshipment), Yglovaya (export), Ygolnaya, Ygolnaya (export),
Ussuriysk and Khabarovsk-II with destinations at Russian railway stations
- reduction coefficient of94 (discount
- for import shipments across the land border crossings at Zabaikalsk (export) on
Zabaikalskaya Railways and Naushki (export) on East Siberian Railways
- reduction coefficient of 0.872 (12.8% discount);
- for export shipments across the land border crossings Zabaikalsk (export) on Zabaikalskaya
Railways and Naushki (export) on East-Siberian Railways
- reduction coefficient of 0.928 (discount 7.2%);
- domestic Russian transportation of up to 2,000 km inclusive (excluding transportation
from the stations of Far Eastern Railways listed above)
- reduction coefficient of 0.937 (6.3% discount).
The discounts will apply from 3 July to 31 December 2018.
Since 2013, Russian Railways has had the right to vary the cost of freight transportation
services within the tariff corridor defined by the state regulator.
The Company is currently considering the issues of changing the level of tariffs
within the tariff corridor in accordance with incoming requests from users of rail
transport services, subject to strictly regulated conditions, and with an assessment
of the economic effectiveness of their implementation for Russian Railways.