Loading volumes on the network owned by Russian Railways increased by 0.7% in September 2018
According to the latest figures, loading volumes on the network owned by Russian Railways amounted to 104.5 million tons in September 2018, 0.7% more than in the same month last year.
Freight turnover in September 2018 increased by 2.9% compared to September 2017 and amounted to 209.5 billion tariff ton-kilometres. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs in September 2018 rose by 2.8% and amounted to 266.6 billion ton-km.
According to the latest figures, loading during January to September 2018 amounted to 962.3 million tons, 2.7% more than in the same nine months of last year.
Between January and September 2018, the railways shipped the following items of freight. Figures in brackets show the percentage change compared to January-September 2017.
- coal - 276.3 million tons (+ 5.1%);
- coke - 8.2 million tons (-2.3%);
- oil and petroleum products - 175.9 million tons (+ 0.4%);
- iron and manganese ores - 86.5 million tons (+ 5%);
- ferrous metals - 58.8 million tons (+ 9.9%);
- ferrous metal scrap - 11.6 million tons (+ 1.3%);
- chemical and mineral fertilisers - 44.2 million tons (+ 4%);
- cement - 19.7 million tons (-7.2%);
- timber - 34.7 million tons (+ 4%);
- grain - 20 million tons (+ 36.9%);
- construction materials - 95.7 million tons (-6.1%);
- non-ferrous ores and sulphur feedstock - 15.2 million tons (-0.5%);
- chemicals and soda - 19.8 million tons (+ 2.3%);
- industrial raw materials and moulded materials - 26.5 million tons (-3.2%).
Freight turnover from the beginning of 2018 amounted to 1,928.4 billion tariff ton-kilometres, an increase of 4.4%, while freight turnover including empty wagon runs was 2,453.6 billion ton-kilometres, up by 4.2%.