Russian Railways to acquire 507 new locomotives in 2016
The 2016 investment programme at Russian Railways allocates 69.2 billion roubles for the purchase of new locomotives.
The Company plans to purchase 507 new units consisting of 257 electric and 250 diesel engines, including the following models.
- mainline electric DC freight locomotives with asynchronous traction drive 3ES10 Granite (15 units)
- electric AC freight Yermak 2ES5K engines (20 units) and 3ES5K (78 units)
- electric DC freight 2ES6 Sinara engines (86 units)
- electric DC freight 3ES4K Donchak engines (15 units)
- freight diesel locomotives with asynchronous traction drive 2TE25A Vityaz (4 units)
- diesel locomotives 2TE25KM (100 units)
- diesel freight locomotives 2TE116U (6 units), 3TE116U ( 1 unit) and 2TE116UD (6 units)
- GT1h main gas turbine engine (1 unit).
In addition, it is planned to purchase four electric passenger EP20 Olympus locomotives with dual power, 35 EP2K passenger electric DC locomotives, 4 passenger electric AC EP1M locomotives and 15 TEP70BS passenger diesel locomotives.
The Company's fleet of shunting locomotives will also be supplemented by 80 TEM18DM diesel locomotives, 26 diesel engines with twin-diesel TEM14 powerplants and 1 diesel locomotive with hybrid TEM9N propulsion.
As part of the programme to upgrade its locomotives, the island of Sakhalin plans to purchase 10 mainline TG16M diesel locomotives capable of operating on the island's two track gauges of 1,067 mm and 1,520 mm.
The Company's fleet now consists of more than 20,000 locomotives.