Loading on network owned by Russian Railways down 0.8% in January-November
According to the latest figures, loading on the network owned by Russian Railways amounted to 105.5 million tons in November 2019, 1.7% less than in the same month last year.
Freight turnover in November 2019 decreased by 3.3% compared to November 2018 and amounted to 213.2 billion tariff ton-kilometres. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs during the same month decreased by 3.4% and amounted to 271.6 billion tons-km.
According to the latest figures, loading volumes from January to November 2019 amounted to 1.1715 billion tons, 0.8% less than in the same period last year.
The railways shipped the following categories of freight during January-November 2019. The figures in brackets show the percentage change compared to January-November 2018.
- coal - 341.4 million tons (-0.4%);
- coke - 9.84 million tons (-3.7%);
- oil and petroleum products - 211 million tons (-2.1%);
- iron and manganese ores - 110.2 million tons (3.6%);
- ferrous metals - 67.3 million tons (-5.5%);
- ferrous metal scrap - 13.7 million tons (-7.5%);
- chemical and mineral fertilisers - 55.5 million tons (3.1%);
- cement - 24.8 million tons (4.5%);
- timber - 38.4 million tons (-8.3%);
- grain - 19.4 million tons (-21.4%);
- construction materials - 115 million tons (-0.1%);
- non-ferrous ores and sulphurous raw materials - 17.9 million tons (-2.5%);
- chemicals and soda - 23.8 million tons (-1%);
- industrial raw materials and moulded materials 32.4 million tons (-0.1%) of.
Since the beginning of 2019, freight turnover has amounted to 2,382.6 billion ton-km, an increase of 0.4% on the same period last year. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs amounted to 3,028.4 billion tons-km, up by 0.3%.