Loading volumes on the Russian Railways network amounted to 101.6 million tons in June 2019
According to the latest figures, freight loading volumes on the network owned by Russian Railways amounted to 101.6 million tons in June 2019, 5.4% less than in the same month last year.
Freight turnover in June 2019 decreased by 1.8% compared to June 2019 and amounted to 205.7 billion tariff ton-km. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs during the same month decreased by 2% and amounted to 261 billion ton-km.
According to the latest figures, loading volumes from January to June 2019, amounted to 633.6 million tons, 1.5% less than in the same five months of last year.
The railways loaded the following items of freight from January to June 2019. The figures in brackets show the percentage changed compared to January to June 2018.
- coal - 186.8 million tons (-0.4%);
- coke - 5.4 million tons (+0.2%);
- oil and petroleum products - 115.1 million tons (-2.4%);
- iron ore and manganese - 59.2 million tons (+3.8%);
- ferrous metals 38.2 million tons (-3.3%);
- ferrous metal scrap - 6.9 million tons (-0.2%);
- chemical and mineral fertilisers - 30.3 million tons (+0.9%);
- cement - 12.5 million tons (+5.9%);
- timber - 22.2 million tons (-5.6%);
- grain - 9.1 million tons (-36.4%);
- construction materials - 60.1 million tons (-4.6%);
- non-ferrous ores and sulphur raw materials - 9.7 million tons (-2.5%);
- chemicals and soda - 13.1 million tons (-2%);
- industrial raw materials and moulded materials - 17 million tons (-3.1%).
Since the beginning of 2019, freight turnover amounted to 1,307 billion ton-km tariffs, an increase of 2% on the same period in 2018. Freight turnover taking into account empty wagon runs amounted to 1,663.5 billion tons-km, up by 1.9% on January to June 2019.