Loading on the network owned by Russian Railways increased by 1% in September 2019
According to operational information, loading on the Russian Railways network in September 2019 amounted to 106 million tons, which is 1% more than in the same period last year.
Cargo turnover for September 2019 increased by 1.3% compared to the same period last year and amounted to 212.6 billion tonne-km tariffs. Cargo turnover, taking into account the mileage of cars in empty condition during the same time increased by 0.8% and amounted to 269 billion tons-km.
The loading for January-September 2019, according to operational data, amounted to 956.5 million tons, which is 0.9% less than in the same period last year.
- Coal - 276.4 million tonnes (-0.9% by January-September 2018);
- Coke - 8.1 million tonnes (-1.9%);
- oil and petroleum products - 172.7 million tonnes (-1.9%);
- iron ore and manganese - 89.2 million tonnes (3.2%);
- 55.6 million tonnes (-5.4%);
- scrap metals - 11.4 million tonnes (-1.6%);
- chemical and mineral fertilizers - 45.5 million tonnes (3.1%);
- cement - 20.8 million tonnes (5.5%);
- forest cargo - 32.4 million tonnes (-6.8%);
- grains - 14.7 million tonnes (-26.2%);
- construction cargo - 95.3 million tons (-0.4%);
- ore of colored and sulphurous raw materials - 14.7 million tons (-3.1%);
- chemicals and soda - 19.5 million tonnes (-1.5%);
- 26.7 million tonnes of industrial raw materials and mouldingmaterials ( 0.6%).
Since the beginning of 2019, the turnover has amounted to 1946.9 billion tonne-km tariffs (0.9%), and freight turnover, taking into account the mileage of wagons in empty condition- 2474.6 billion tons-km (0.8%).