Loading on the network owned by Russian Railways increased by 3.1% in June 2018
According to the latest figures, loading on the network owned by Russian Railways
in June 2018 amounted to 107 million tons, 3.1% more than in the same month last year.
Freight turnover in June 2018 increased by 3% compared to June 2017 and amounted
to 208.9 billion ton-kilometres. Freight turnover, including empty wagon runs, increased
by 3.2% during the same month and amounted to 265.7 billion ton-km.
According to the latest figures, loading from January to June 2018 amounted to
641.8 million tons, which is 3.4% more than in the same period last year.
The railways shipped the following items of freight. The figures in brackets show
the percentage change compared to January-June of 2017:
- coal - 186.2 million tons (+ 5%);
- coke - 5.4 million tons (-3.2%);
- oil and petroleum products - 117.9 million tons (+ 0.1%);
- iron and manganese ores - 57 million tons (+ 4.4%);
- ferrous metals - 39.5 million tons (+ 12.2%);
- ferrous metal scrap - 6.9 million tons (-2.6%);
- chemical and mineral fertilisers - 30.1 million tons (+ 5.8%);
- cement - 11.8 million tons (-5.2%);
- timber - 23.5 million tons (+ 2.7%);
- grain - 14.4 million tons (+ 55.3%);
- construction materials - 63 million tons (-3%);
- non-ferrous ores and sulphuric raw materials - 9.98 million tons (-2.3%);
- chemicals and soda - 13.4 million tons (+ 2.9%);
- industrial raw materials and moulded materials - 17.5 million tons (-2.8%).
Freight turnover since the beginning of 2018 amounted to 1,280.6 billion tariff
ton-km, an increase of 4.5%. Freight turnover including empty wagon runs was 1,631.1
billion ton-km, up 4.2%.